1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. bvc

bvc Hoyer the Destroyer's Biggest Fan

Greg Hodnett has passed away after a fatal crash at BAPS Motor Speedway in Pennsylvania. Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends, family and team. What a horrible tragedy.

Tim2488, joeykraus19 and David Robb like this.
  2. David Robb

David Robb Well-Known Member

Race in Peace

joeykraus19 likes this.
  3. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Fucking hell, great racers just going one by one. Just awful. Rest in peace, Greg.

Tetronix and joeykraus19 like this.
  4. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

I have no words.
    FB_IMG_1537530980900.jpg

5. AlexMiller

AlexMiller Well-Known Member

Incredible to think I was just watching Greg race at Selinsgrove a week ago. It's a loss that can be heard well outside of here in PA.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Just ran across this little gem from 2015... lol

18fan4life, Tetronix, ChadVSO and 5 others like this.
  7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

omg the part where he is like "stay at the end of the longest line" haha

This reminds me of the ESPN Nascar commentary videos where a guy played the commentator in the final laps of a race at Charlotte where Dale Jr. was in the lead but ran out of gas in turn 4 and Harvick won and he is like "Dale Jr. wins the race!" and the other guy is like "I think Harvick might have passed him" and he is like "oh we'll have to go to a replay"

I sadly think the videos no loner exist but I do remember posting them here. It was back when the commentary for the races and times they had commercials was really bad so the guy made a parody making fun of them.

Tetronix, MrDude68 and joeykraus19 like this.
  8. PepsiRacer4

PepsiRacer4 The One and Only

Long time, no see my friends.

May or not call this a comeback ;)

9. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Welcome back to racin'. Glad to see you will be doing something other than beating my team up in the AFFL. Now if we could just get you back in SARA.

10. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

What the heck happened to @DanAsher26? Became an admin here earlier this year and then dropped off the face of the earth?

11. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Don’t quote me on this, but if I recall correctly I think he was busy with moving sometime in the past few months according to his Twitter. As of the past week or so though he’s been sick and dealing with mental health stuff, again according to his Twitter.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    joeykraus19 likes this.
  12. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

He's still alive, just lazy

EDIT He's also been working on his Ricky Bobby impression
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  13. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Now that's one way to protest at a soccer game (credit to Deadspin):
    SOURCE: https://deadspin.com/german-fans-protest-corporate-greed-in-soccer-with-a-bi-1829314055
    iwuhfqf3pdnnzrh0howg.jpg

14. Bitbreaker

Bitbreaker Well-Known Member

There was some more protests yesterday and the go on today (for example the home teams don't support their team tin 18:30 in the game (because of the starting times at 6:30 pm (18:30 in German) on tuesday and wednesday) and the away fans for 20:30 in the game (same reason but start time at 8:30 pm (20:30 in German).

The protests directs against the dismemberment of the match day about 4 days normally (friday to monday) witch gives the fans lots of trouble because sometimes the had to move over 300 miles for the game and can't always take vacation for a match. And to denounce the power that the tv-services got on the TV (you need 3 services to see every game of your club. If it plays on friday, monday or sunday at 1:30 pm you need pay TV or pay Stream from "Eurosport". If it plays on Saturday or on sunday at 3:30 pm or 5:30 pm you need pay TV from sky.

If your club is playing in the championsleague you need either sky too or the pay streaming service of DAZN (Sky shows 1 german match and a simulcast, DAZN all the rest of the matches).

If your club is playing in the Europeleague you also need DAZN or if you had luck you can see the match on Free TV on RTL or RTLNitro (they showing 1 match every matchday)

You see it's complicated to find the right channel for your club every week...and its expensive (sky costs round about 30 Euros/month (depents on package you choose), eurosport 5 Euro/month and DAZN 10 Euro/month)

15. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

I’m pretty sure I saw a new 2019 Camaro when I was driving home from school yesterday. Taillights didn’t look like the 2017 or ‘18 ones. Could be wrong though.

The orange colour was hot though, like damn.

joeykraus19 and ShadowKnight508 like this.
  16. ShadowKnight508

I am taking a break from Twitter....between all of the Bowserette fan art flooding my feed from gaming pages and anime pages I have followed along with a plethora of Kavanaugh-related tweets from celebrities and various media outlets (trashing him, all Republicans in general, and trashing all white men in general), it has devolved into a toxic wasteland on par with Reddit (when Reddit goes through one of those periods of time where it hits the fan and certain pages/communities become toxic) that I have no interest in seeing or reading.

Jesus...nearly 90% of my Twitter feed is just those two subjects I listed above...

RacerXero84, Tetronix and joeykraus19 like this.
  17. ShadowKnight508

Magician Ana DeGuzman Flummoxes Various Sacramento Kings Players At Media Day (Credit to Deadspin):
    [​IMG]

SOURCE: https://deadspin.com/i-too-am-all-fucked-up-by-these-dang-card-tricks-1829378363

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    joeykraus19 likes this.
  18. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I've actually had to delete following ultra-left and ultra-right followings. Just can't stand all the bullshit.

19. ShadowKnight508

Holy Crap This Is A Bonkers Wreck (Credit to Jalopnik):
    [​IMG]

SOURCE: https://jalopnik.com/holy-crap-this-is-a-bonkers-wreck-1829396511

Shockey Rai and joeykraus19 like this.
  20. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster I'm in the business of misery

WE DID IT! P4 on endurance debut! @Tnadz and I ran the 12 Hours of Spa earlier today in our LMP2 machine and missed the chaos and survived those that blew engines with under two hours left to absolutely steal P4. Those guys up front just had their cars hooked up ridiculously but we made it interesting.
    [​IMG]

Our entire goal for the race was just to finish. Coming home fourth was awesome. I legit felt like this when crossing the line at the 12 hour mark.
    [​IMG]