1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

To watch the Roval or NFL football tomorrow. Tough choice.

2. TColeman12

TColeman12 #BMR19Team

Yesterday was a great day! My favorite driver finally got their first win, and Chase Briscoe won as well so that was cool.

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  3. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana The One Fan from Indonesia

Honestly surprised the first Roval race week turns out to be good. I was fearing a situation like Baku 2016: Chaos is promised but ultimately not delivered until next year.

Would love to see a longer distance in the Xfinity Roval race though. Doesn't matter if its 250/300 kms, 200 km felt too short for them IMO.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  4. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

Has anybody had this quirk with how the laps are displayed on NASCAR's leaderboard, mobile or otherwise?

[​IMG]

5. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

We started Adobe InDesign yesterday in my graphics course. Let me tell you - it's personally the most boring thing we've learned, and I actually fell asleep for 20 minutes. 2 assignments down, 13 ones left to go.

send help
    h - e - l - p

6. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

After Effects is where all the fun is.

Tetronix likes this.
  7. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

I could talk for hours about how much I hate InDesign and much how much I think it's trash. But I'll try to keep it short.

InDesign is a lazier version of Illustrator without the artistic heart and soul. I had to use InDesign for an internship I had about two years ago and I thought it was the stupidest, most useless part of the Adobe Creative Cloud. My direct supervisor thought that the resident graphic designer was a good mentor for me because he knew InDesign and how to make things look good. The man just made layouts in InDesign and never made his own art in Illustrator or Photoshop. I talked to him a few times but there was nothing I could learn from him because all he did was arrange different elements, which you can do in Illustrator or Photoshop with just a smidgen of more effort. InDesign has some web design elements in it but you can do all of those things easier, better, and more efficiently in Dreamweaver, which you probably have if you have InDesign. InDesign is stupid, outdated and useless software that feels like a waste of time despite Adobe updating it constantly. I took my current job because I was ECSTATIC that I did not have to use InDesign to do anything. I mean, I never had to use InDesign to do anything, but I have had jobs where InDesign was the only thing pre-installed on my work computer. I have a minor in Digital Art from college and nobody taught me InDesign there. After that summer internship I asked two of my professors why and they said pretty much the same thing - InDesign is useless if you have the rest of the cloud at your disposal, and learning InDesign can stunt actual learning and growth. Teaching Illustrator gives students more of a feel for digital art in general and InDesign is more of a commercial and layout aspect that you can replicate in Illustrator with more work. I HATE InDesign. I HATE applying to jobs that require InDesign because it tells me that the person in charge of hiring doesn't know shit about art. One of the jobs I applied for this year had a test where my prospective supervisor would ask me to do some simple things in InDesign, and the in-house designer would proctor me. The in-house designer conceded he was quitting because A. he got a better job, and B. the supervisor would ask why he didn't just do everything in InDesign and why he needed other software. I did the test in about ten minutes in Illustrator and Photoshop and I don't see why InDesign would have been any better for those things. I would say, since you're getting graded, learn InDesign to get the grade and then forget everything you know about it because it will prevent you from learning useful programs. I'm so glad I have a job where I don't have to do any of that shit, because it's terrible.

One of my friends works for a media company that will not install InDesign on it's office computers because, according to him "1.1 GB of poorly-lighted dick pics would be more useful". I'm not sure if it's just this particular supervisor or the entire company, but the company is a well-known entity and it would not surprise me if they just banned it. Whoever came up with InDesign and decided it could be a positive addition was just...wrong. If they replaced it with a program that let you remix only John Cena's entrance music it would be 100x more useful and I guarantee it would be more fun. If I ever attain my dream of running my own firm I would never install InDesign on the computers because a qualified graphic designer would be able to overcome that without any issue and the space could go to more projects. InDesign is like trying to sleep next to a snoring bear that smells like poop. InDesign is like getting a face tattoo of your elementary school girlfriend's name. InDesign feels like a YouTube ad that comes out of your phone and punches you in face with brass knuckles. InDesign is like when your partner puts cold feet on your back when you're laying in bed. InDesign has the charm of a tarantula with gingivitis. Adobe tried to make Microsoft Word, Illustrator, and fractal wrongness into a shitty baby that couldn't graduate from middle school. InDesign is the spiritual version of taking a leak in a urinal in an empty bathroom and a random dude comes in and uses the urinal directly next to you. InDesign is like opening up a PS4 case-shaped gift on Christmas and that gift turning out to be a framed picture of your dad's underwear. InDesign is like eating a pound of candy corn and washing it down with Tabasco sauce and saltwater. InDesign went to Jared. InDesign is like walking on your girlfriend blowing another dude on your birthday. InDesign is like listening to your cousin give a eulogy about how Bush did 9/11 at your grandma's funeral. If InDesign had a sound, it would be screamo Nickelback. Using InDesign feels like going to the dentist without the satisfaction of a cleaner mouth afterwards. I just absolutely hate InDesign, which has quickly become the worst part of my adult life. It's not even affecting me anymore and I hate it more than the rent I have to pay and the fact that the doctors wouldn't give me my appendix in a jar after it was removed. It's terrible.

MrDude68, crazyboy335 and Tetronix like this.
  8. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

I don't really mind using InDesign. All anyone really uses it for is just making magazine spreads, full-page ads, restaurant menus, booklets, etc... At least, that's what I've been using it for in my courses.

Tetronix likes this.
  9. Tetronix

Yeah, it's absolutely horrendous. I can't focus, and being a rookie at it, it's just way too much for me to absorb, which really isn't like me because I love learning new tools. We've already done Illustrator, which was our first unit. It's due on the 19th, so I might just hunker down, do it at home since I have the student licence for the whole suite and just move onto the next program. It doesn't help that I've been on the web version of Discord the past hour or so in @crazyboy335's group.

I really just want this unit done and dusted, as I'm never going to touch it with a 10 foot pole. That's unless I'm somehow stuck in a spot where I'm not a graphic designer or concept artist and I have to suck it up and be the crock of shit that works with InD, lol.

By the way, thanks for the laughs about using metaphors comparing InD to the unideal situations. I needed them. Plus people in my class looked at me like I was crazy, so that was funny too.

JeffJordan and joeykraus19 like this.
  10. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 Well-Known Member Admin

Just lost interest in sim racing for awhile. Didn't boot up NR03 for months but recently have been getting slightly back into it. But also just haven't had the time. I got a good paying job, moved out, and have been enjoying life more.

11. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Welcome back, bud. It feels like its been ages since I last saw you on here. Good to see you back on here.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  12. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Yea, I'm just getting into the lost interest. I got burned out on the Xfinity cars and Camping World Trucks. It's a struggle trying to dig SARA and the SRD series up. I don't think I'll touch Photoshop for a while tho.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  13. bvc

bvc Hoyer the Destroyer's Biggest Fan

Finally turned 18 today, time to open that bank account!

I feel like I'm going to regret this

14. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

What - turning 18? lol

Happy birthday, man!

bvc and joeykraus19 like this.
  15. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Happy Bankday!

joeykraus19, bvc and BrendonH12 like this.
  16. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

17. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder Why are you the way that you are?

Got married to my best friend today. So that's pretty cool.

Attached Files:

18. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

That's awesome, man! Congrats to you both!

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  19. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

Congrats to both of you!

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  20. Tetronix

Found this on Kevin Lacroix's Instagram. He's getting Pinty's diecasts made, but here's the catch: Pinty's logo and scheme on an Xfinity Camaro body, as he races Dodge in the Canadian series.

[​IMG]

To be perfectly honest - after the shit he pulled at Riverside last year by taking Alex Labbé's door off after he gentle bump-and-run for the win by Labbé - I'd only actually buy it to make my own diecast out of it. Would be pretty cool to have my own diecast made as my own personal "Pinty's Series" ride.

joeykraus19 likes this.