1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Congrats! Wishing you both many happy years to come.

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  2. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Sorry, don't get the whole UFC thing.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  3. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

What don't you get?

4. canadienhits

Like boxing, hockey fights, WWE...what's the fun in two people beating the shit out of each other. What cost are these guys (and gals) going out there and getting CTE and crap like that. Yea, they make a whole lot of money, but isn't future quality of life worth something?

joeykraus19 likes this.
  5. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

I agree, and tbh, I just think it's boring...

6. MattyO

It's a matter of skill. The enjoyment at least for me is to watch the skill in which these guys are able to strike each other and the maneuvers they use to try and submit each other.

What's your definition of quality of life? I guess it depends on what winds your clock. Is sitting on your ass on the couch watching anime movies and eating Cheetos the slice of life for you? Or firing up NR2003 and watching the cars go around the track jerking off to the details of the track objects and the 4096 paintjobs the are dragging your laptop down to 4 fps?
    I guess for some that's what get's them all spun up. For others, it's watching people who don't like one another beat the shit out of each other. Or for the actual fighters, that's what they are good at. And they can make a ton of money doing it.

joeykraus19 and puckhogg11 like this.
  7. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

I am with canadienhits on this, i just do not get it. Do they think they are big men or something.
    I last had a fight at school 50 years ago, i think there is more skill, being able to talk your way
    out of something, than knocking the crap out of some one.

8. MattyO

Not sure what you mean by that? They are professionals, in a professional sport. They get paid big time money to do a job. Are you asking if they think they are tough? I imagine they do. It takes an extrordinary set of balls to get into a ring and fight another person.

Again, this is a professional sport. They aren't getting paid not to fight. They are getting paid too fight.

puckhogg11 likes this.
  9. canadienhits

Matt, I guess I don't see it. The quality of life I mean is like McGregor going to end up in his 50's with dementia or severe depression from all the hits in the head? Like I understand it's some people's cup of tea. My parents used to watch all the Ali fights. I've got friends who's only interest in hockey is the fights. I don't think less of them, but I don't understand. But then I guess someone could say the same thing to me about racing.

joeykraus19 and BrendonH12 like this.
  10. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Back in ancient Rome, people literally went to an arena to watch people get ripped apart by lions.... Just sayin'.....

Shockey Rai and ThatOneShredder like this.
  11. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I can say the same thing about football.

ThatOneShredder and MattyO like this.
  12. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

-Hi MattyO.
    what i mean is that i think people who fight if it is for money or not, has some need to prove they are tough.
    Not to take away from the skill of the moves. Their is something wrong with people who intentionally hurt
    people in the way the UFC fight. I think Boxer's and pure martial art's fighters have more skill than UFC. fighters.
    ie Floyd Mayweather already beat McGregor. I think if he was still alive Bruce Lee would have kicked McGregor ass.
    Cheers.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  13. MattyO

You have no idea what you are talking about. Here's a quick list of the skillsets most of these guys have when they enter the octagon to fight one another. Neither Floyd or Bruce Lee would last 1 minute in an octagon against anyone with these types of skillsets. It's called mixed martial arts for a reason.
    • Boxing.
    • Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
    • Freestyle Wrestling.
    • Greco Roman Wrestling.
    • Jeet Kune Do.
    • Judo.
    • Kyokushin Karate.
    • Muay Thai.
    • Tae Kwon Do

puckhogg11 likes this.
  14. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

I take your point if you are saying that Mayweather would have been beaten
    in the octagon.
    I still think it is a ugly form of fighting.
    Cheers.

MattyO likes this.
  15. MattyO

Or racing. Dale Jr. isn't racing anymore because of too many hits to the head.
    Let's face it, humans like violence one way or another. Either guys racing and watching them crash, or boxing, or MMA, or hockey, or football, or WWE.

16. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Haven't been into it anywhere as much as I used to, but given my past here I feel called out :p lmao
    Congrats! Hope you guys have a good life together!

joeykraus19 and ThatOneShredder like this.
  17. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Definitely, but what I meant was that I don't understand why so many people are ga-ga over football. I don't get the appeal. I think it's the dumbest sport in the country. It's just not my cup of tea lol

MattyO likes this.
  18. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Do I Wanna Know?

I must be the odd one here then lol. I love nearly every sport, the exception being most Olympic stuff and the NBA.

I've been watching a ton of rugby lately and it's like the best of football with the best of soccer.

19. Junebugrocks88

Junebugrocks88 The Wanderer of Sim Racing

20. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

I enjoy most sports (mostly football and hockey) but to me, I don't watch boxing because it's a bit of a dying sport thanks to MMA. It doesn't help that the biggest star in boxing for the last decade has been a guy who just boxes defensively the whole time and relies on the judges decision to win