1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

We can thank pay-per-view for killing off boxing as a popular American sport.

dalejr88rox likes this.
  2. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 3-Time USORL Rally Winner

Hurricane Michael Waltrip is comin, making landfall like right on top of us. Should be a fun time being this is the first time in almost 7 years of living here we're being hit directly. Yeah woo weather.

Ceafus 88, Tetronix and joeykraus19 like this.
  3. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

That's what happens when you live in Florida though... Trust me; I know. Praying for y'all down South and on up to where I am.

Ceafus 88 likes this.
  4. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Venting time: So a couple weeks ago someone commissioned me for a couple graphics worth $30 altogether. I get it done and it turns out that their financial situation is weird and they can't pay right away, a little weird but no biggie, I'll just hold the files until they can. So I messaged them while on vacation last week and they said they should be able to get it to me this week, ok great no problem. Well I just DMed them asking for an update a few minutes ago and they got a $200 speeding ticket.

Fuck me I guess.

/vent

joeykraus19, Tetronix and MrDude68 like this.
  5. MrDude68

Wait, they couldn't even pay $30 right away? Yikes...

6. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

That's just messed up.

EarnhardtFan likes this.
  7. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

The real kick in the nuts is that I initially didn't have a problem with it, like yeah I got impatient but at the end of the day I knew I would eventually be paid even if it took a couple weeks. Now I can't even begin to think when I'll get the money.
    Yeah, you think that would be something you would make sure of before you even think about commissioning somebody. According to their friend they contacted me through he really rushed into streaming, but still, come on man.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  8. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Thirty bucks? Like you have to be food stamps poor not to be able to have like 30 spare bucks. Especially if you ask for something, you'd better know you have it. But I guess that's just like common sense or something.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  9. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

My car got broken into this morning. The store I was parked in had video, and my local precinct said they'll investigate.

I watched the video with them. Guy in hoodie, probably Caucasian (or just very light-skinned) in a hoodie and track pants.

I was REALLY surprised how short it took these particular officers to find somebody. So, they bring somebody in and...it's a black dude. Definitely the wrong height and skin color. I rewatch the video with them and they let the guy go (he was pissed off, understandably) and brought in this white guy who was CLEARLY too fat to be the guy on video. This guy also had a beard and it appeared on the video that the perpetrator did not. I'm just annoyed now, my girlfriend joins me and we just sit there for hours because they kept saying they were close.

They did find the guy. I got home about an hour and a half ago, but god damn. They just kept getting in their own way.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  10. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

You have a very interesting life man, I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

11. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

My kids' school opted to stay open during an active Tropical Storm Warning.
    I opted not to be stupid and kept em home.
    School is trying to tell parents it will count against them.

All I told them was 'good luck with that'.

Wouldn't be the first time I fought a school and won. Maybe I should go for the superintendents job, I do need a hobby after all....

12. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

You guys stayed open? I’m nearly in Virginia and we didn’t go to school today. Damn.

dalejr88rox and RacerXero84 like this.
  13. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

An update on that: I got on the social media account for my kids' school district, advising that parents call the Superintendent, pressure him to wave absences entirely, and that if he didn't, to start calling the state Superintendent and/or our House representative.

Within 30 minutes of me posting that, I get a call from my kids' superintendent, who explained the matter over the course of our half hour phone call (evidently someone in his office put a note on his desk that he should call me ASAP). Net result: my kids' absence is waived entirely, no questions asked. Although he did insinuate I should call him directly (I assume that means to stop making him look bad on social media and whipping people up lol).

So yeah, sometimes it just takes an irate (but professional) parent to rectify situations.

14. Tetronix

Tetronix 2nd Place Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Too bad you weren't in Brooklyn. Could've had the 99 with Detective Jake Peralta go investigate. :p

But damn, sucks that you got your car broken into and such, but I'm glad they caught the guy. I don't think I can agree with burtonbraves any more - you do lead such an interesting life, lol. Always got some kinda cool story.

15. MrDude68

Sounds a bit like where I live, where roads can be practically impassable due to snow and all the schools stay open anyway. Lol

EarnhardtFan likes this.
  16. bvc

bvc Get Sanchized

Here in CT, if we get three inches of snow they close up the schools. You should see all of the angry parents on my local towns Facebook page lol.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  17. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

Hey, guys. So, I know a lot of you are pretty tech savvy, and I was just wondering if one of you guys could help me out. I’m pretty good with computers myself, but there’s some things that are just out of my league. Anyway, I’m having a problem with my audio driver. It hasn’t worked all day, though I’ve been on the web searching like crazy and have restarted the thing several times. Please, I’m begging you, id any of you can help, please shoot me a PM. I’ve kinda gotten myself worried sick over this mess! lol

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it fixed! :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  18. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Seeing how the impacts were going to be winding down in one area versus worsening for the other, before and during school hours, I can understand why one was closed and the other wasn't.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

bvc. 3 inches. If you lived in England the whole country panics over 1/2 inch.
    It is pathetic.

Gravite likes this.
  20. Tetronix

Tetronix 2nd Place Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

We have never closed down due to rain or anything like that, not that we probably ever will. (I live in the prairies).

Our school division has only ever closed down only about 3 times in the winter from what I can remember, from the time I was in kindergarten to the time I graduated. We could have blizzards and snowstorms and stuff and they still kept the schools open. We'd have have about 3, sometimes 4 feet of snow. While they kept the schools open, rarely did we have more than 6 to 10 kids in my middle school classes and while we had 1200+ in the high school, only about 50 to 100 showed up in total.

MrDude68 and joeykraus19 like this.