1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Its awful right now. 1080 ti's going out of production and RTX 2080's having issues yet still being expensive.

The 1080 ti's had just started to go down a few hundred then all of this happens.

David24 likes this.
  2. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Yeah I am thinking about just getting a 1070ti which would still be an upgrade over my 6gb 1060 but I know that if I did the prices would drop.

I'll just wait, my 1060 still runs mostly all my games in 4k with some settings turned down

Mystical likes this.
  3. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson #di9 Paint Crew

I did it, I got the i7 8700k and a 300 series mobo! Guess I’m building a completely new pc

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

With what I've been seeing lately.... I might leave the intel bandwagon here before too long. My 4790K has proven to be a beast that held up against newer chips easily.... but AMD is looking like they have come out ahead in the latest iteration of both CPU's and GPU's (currently have an AMD R9 390). AMD's newer Ryzen chips look to break the 5.0Ghz per core threshold without breaking the bank. Their new 3000 series GPU's are set to compete with the 1060/1070/1080's at HALF the price or less.

Personally, I think nVidia screwed the pooch on the 2000's series, and what they are doing with the 1080's and forcing people onto that platform is reminiscent of what Microsoft did with Windows 7 (which I am STILL on, Windows 10 can suck it). The 1080's have been arguably the best mainstream gaming GPU's to be sold. I don't see people dropping them for the 2000-series. AMD is betting that the tech used for those won't be a big deal for a few more years, and instead is focused on the GDDR6 platform optimizing current tech.

AMD for the first time in quite some time has the upper hand IMO. And whoever has the upper hand at the time that I upgrade gets my business lol

5. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

My builds have pretty much always been Intel CPU+AMD GPU. I've never used an AMD CPU. But if I was building a new rig right now, I'm almost certain I would go AMD CPU and GPU. The AMD offerings are simply more cost effective and offer excellent performance. The slight difference in performance that goes in Intels favor isn't worth the extra coins in my opinion. When you're up at over 120-130 FPS in games, I don't think an extra five or so FPS is worth 65+ dollars.

If you've got the budget and money is no concern though...Intel that thing all the way out I guess, lol.

6. RacerXero84

I went from an AMD FX-4100 to the 4790K. I was content with the 4100 for basic gaming purposes, only real reason I stepped up was for iRacing and to push the limits of nr2003.
    Since I ditched the money pit that is iRacing, my chief concerns are getting a solid, constant 60 FPS in games, and ensuring that NR2003 still looks good without breaking the bank. With RAM prices finally dropping closer to where they should be since the cryptocurrency bubble finally burst, it's now feasible to upgrade again.
    I think the new AMD top tier GPU coming out with the 8GB GDDR6 is going to be in the $250-range, as will be their new line of CPU's (ballpark estimate, top tier 10mm dies will be closer to 400 more than likely). A good 1080 costs as much as both of those combined by itself.
    Motherboard is about $140, $500 for DDR4 low latency, high bandwidth RAM, 2x16GB sticks, leaving me with 2 slots open for future upgrades as needed.

That puts me at in the range of around $1000 for a rebuild.
    Which is a heck of a lot better than the original estimate of nearly $1700 with the intel/nvidia components. The price difference allows me to look into one of those sexy 4K+ 21:9 ultrawides coming out soon, and the performance difference between the two builds is negligible.

Darren Ingram likes this.
  7. Chandler Tyson

Here's my part list, a total of just over $1000. Plan on buying the ultrawide once the build is done.
    PC.jpg

Edit: I mentioned my GPU in an eariler post (RX 580 8GB).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Darren Ingram and RacerXero84 like this.
  8. RacerXero84

What are you upgrading from?

9. Chandler Tyson

Here's my current part list:
    i5 7600
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler
    ASRock H270 Pro4 mobo
    8 Gb ddr4 2133 memory (dont remember the brand)
    EVGA GTX 950 2GB GPU
    EVGA 750 G2 PSU
    ZALMAN Z1 NEO Case

10. RacerXero84

So you're going from 'A' to 'A+' equipment lol :D
    That GPU is gonna be a nice bump for real though. You're gonna love the extra VRAM

11. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

I really need to upgrade my GPU for vram and up my ram a bit, only 2 gigs of vram means I can’t run some games I’d like to check out at their best and Chrome and Photoshop running at the same time really eats my 8 gigs of RAM. I also probably need to upgrade my mobo eventually to get DDR4

12. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

Roval? More like Snoval these days:

47576668_1429230263879734_7137552003122593792_n.jpg

13. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster I'm in the business of misery

Bought my first car on my own this weekend. 2016 Mazda3 hatch with the glorious Mazda 6 speed manual. I'm absolutely in love.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  14. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Now you can drive to the Taylor Swift concerts :p

Darren Ingram and GurtonBuster like this.
  15. GurtonBuster

I'm ready for TS7 and the accompanying tour lol

Darren Ingram and Mystical like this.
  16. RacerXero84

Enjoy!!
    Got myself a 2017.5 Mazda 6. Up from my 2012 Mazda 6, which was up from my old 2005 Mazda 6 lol

Great cars. Fun to drive. Cheap to maintain. Reliable as all hell. Only gripe is the overly stiff suspension. But it's not bad enough to ruin the fun of driving em.

joeykraus19 and GurtonBuster like this.
  17. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

I just want to remind you all to subscribe to Pewdiepie in order to beat T-Series.

18. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

[​IMG]

19. GurtonBuster

Thanks! I love it so far. I thought I would hate that damn infotainment system screen but it really isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  20. RacerXero84

Yup. It grew on me. BUT, you can go in to a dealership later on and get the update that incorporates Android or Apple integration, which changes the layout and functionality. Probably going to do that next year on mine. And for a stock audio system, it sounds pretty damn good too, with only minor adjustments to the cars equalizer.