1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Good thing I have a temporary second job that doesn't care how many hours I put in, because my primary workplace got a network virus on Monday afternoon which would have pretty much put me out of work for a week. I also just started the second job a couple weeks ago (for tax season). I am thankful for this perfect timing...

BrendonH12, joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  2. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 Maybe I'll be Tracer

3. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder Why are you the way that you are?

Really random, but I'm starting to feel like my memory is failing. I was at lunch with a friend today and we got to talking about former road courses in NASCAR. Eventually got around to Mexico City and the Busch Series' first race there in 2005. For some reason, I remember someone (maybe Carl Edwards?) flipping in practice or qualifying. I haven't been able to find anything about this. Am I finally losing it?

4. bvc

bvc Member of the 1-800-MONEYCREW

I think you're right, it just didn't happen in 2005. I think he was driving the Citi car when it happened?

5. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Carl didn't flip the car in 2005, he just went head-on into the wall in practice.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  6. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder Why are you the way that you are?

Maybe that's what I'm remembering, but Jesus Christ that's a huge hit...

7. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

I will admit, prior to yesterday evening I thought RGB on computers was dumb. I have since had a coming to Jesus moment and realized the errors of my ways. Apologies for the potato quality photo. It really does not do this computer justice.

[​IMG]

8. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Looks like you re-purposed a Portal turret...

Skyline, joeykraus19 and Shockey Rai like this.
  9. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

The past few days I've spent in Des Moines watching my basketball team play in the state championship, and after finishing second last year they fuckin did it for the first time in school history last night and won the damn thing over the best team in the state! One of the coolest moments of my life to watch my friends go out in a huge arena like that and play their fuckin hearts out.

MrDude68, DaleTona75 and joeykraus19 like this.
  10. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

Got these two sexy things today. One is a 1996 Indy XLT and the other a 2002 Polaris Classic. Kinda nice to get two sleds that are dependable, the other sled I have is a 1989 Indy that my father and I fixed about five years ago. It's not dependable. Anyways this is what I would call my first big adult purchase. (I may have got stuck while driving the Classic home, twice.)

53429910_356737658515637_6152212786601525248_n.jpg 53421947_269701347255975_3696139238782271488_n.jpg

11. Tetronix

Tetronix Well-Known Member

I tried sushi for the first time today with my friend and classmate Kevin, who loves his sushi. We went to a place Kevin hadn't tried yet, Umi Sushi, a small restaurant in between a Sherwin-Williams and a Qdoba. We got our sushi in about 7 minutes, and we ate it in his van. The "dynamite" roll I tried was alright, but the "bakudan" roll was pretty gross. I am glad that I tried it, and I don't regret it, but I don't think I'm just not a sushi kinda guy.

12. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07

I'll bet you ten bucks your rolls had cooked and/or imitation fish in them. I fucking love sushi and sashimi, especially when it's salmon.

13. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Sushi is definitely a very subjective thing. There's some kinds I hate and some I like. I'm not big on nori, so I usually prefer nigiri or sashimi. I only like cucumber or avocado in a maki roll, no other vegetables. There are tons to try.

My personal favorite kinds of restaurants are all-you-can-eat. I love everything about it. The best food is a lot of food. I also love fighting with people when we order too much and we have to decide who eats it.

Tetronix likes this.
  14. Tetronix

It just tasted like it was already pre-rolled or was just sitting there for a while, waiting to be handed out. Kevin had ordered a spicier style of sushi (don't remember the name of it), and it looked like the sauce was congealed. Cooked or imitated fish aside, it was just a really shitty order of sushi all around.

15. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07

Sounds like a bad place then. You have to be super careful with sushi places because of how it's prepared - our place makes your plates right in front of you, and I haven't had any issues with them.

Tetronix likes this.
  16. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

This is why I don't live where it snows

17. Tetronix

I found it a little sketchy that they had a window (more like a square hole in the wall) with a curtain that was closed. The lady who I am assume was the "chef" looked through it pulled the curtains over but when she was done peering out, she moved the curtains closed again. Now that you mention it, it does seem a little odd.

18. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

I have three exes. Two I'm still friends with (my first and third) but the middle one and I absolutely hate each other's guts. It was a terrible relationship that ended terribly.

Sometimes if I really want to treat myself after work, I go to this Venezuelan place underground that has arepas located right near the office. I went there today, started ordering, heard "hey, fuckface" and looked up. It was the ex that hates me. I thought "ah, shit" and it probably showed in my eyes a bit. She was making my arepa while we were just shitting on each other. Felt like forever. Mostly just stuff like:

"You know, you could be nicer to your customers." followed by "Or I could spit in your food."

So, probably can't go there again.

19. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

My heart goes out to the victims and families of that disgusting, hateful tragedy in Christchurch. How deeply disturbing and depressing that somebody would do something so inhuman.

My prayer is that anyone else who would carry out such an atrocity would instead experience spiritual salvation and a restoration of their sanity.

20. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

Behold the stunning beauty of the areas in and around Miyazaki Prefecture in Japan, filmed in ultra high-resolution 8K with Canon's newest creation. Youtube can only support 4K videos, so what you are seeing below is just half of the true resolution of the raw video!