1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

He was not that bad of a driver in his prime, just most people remember him for driving for his own back marker team after he could not find a decent ride. I still applaud him for going his own way and still chugging along.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  2. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Some StarCom Racing people were at the New York Auto Show today, ended up talking with them for over an hour. Show car was there too, they're looking for sponsorship.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  3. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

Visited the reddit page, and learned that in the 2001 Truck Race in Kentucky, Morgan Sheppard literally changed his own tires all by himself, and had soda and a bag of potato chips, all under green flag, and only lost 4 laps.

4. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

Ano0other thing about Morgan Shepherd, he his fit for his age, heck he has even been seen roller skating.

5. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

6. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

I was gonna say, didn’t he wipe out when he did that. Lol

Tetronix likes this.
  7. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Well, today I turn 21... Happy birthday to me! :D

8. ChadVSO

ChadVSO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

I heard that Morgan did that to try and gain media exposure for smaller teams during the broadcast of that race and it didn't work.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  10. TheOutlaw1272

Yeah, that’s unfortunate.

11. TheOutlaw1272

Happy birthday, and wish you more birthdays to come.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  12. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

im late but happy birthday

BrendonH12 likes this.
  13. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

For the first time since being retired from service by Union Pacific on December 7th, 1961, the massive Big Boy is making its own steam once again (first time with a oil burner system instead of the old coal firebox it used to have).

EDIT - Found a better video, this time featuring it at full pressure (300 PSI) and blowing the whistle for the first time with steam since 1961 (skip to 10:24 in the video):

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  14. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster I'm in the business of misery

Hell yeah! Awesome to see that under its own power. I live up near Nickel Plate Road #765 and love going to their open house seeing her in steam.

15. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

As of this morning, I got to cross trying Mexican Coca-Cola off my bucket list as the Circle K I work at started selling the Mexican varieties of Coke, Sprite, and a few Fanta flavors.

ThatOneShredder and joeykraus19 like this.
  16. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

Mexican pop is the best - it's the cane sugar they use instead of corn syrup. If you can ever find it anywhere, buy some bottles of Jarritos.

17. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Jarritos is everywhere around me. I usually try to stay away from soda but when I do have a carbonated drink it's always Red Bull. Their flavors are amazing

18. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson Paint Crew Paint Crew

I just realized it has been almost two months since I've posted here. Its been a crazy two months for me personally as I completed the "30 days of no social media challenge" and now almost two months into the challenge, I finally realized my return to SRD and social media is long overdue. I'm obviously alive and well since I'm making this post. It feels good to be back here.

ShadowKnight508 and Tetronix like this.
  19. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Don't know if any of you watch Game of Thrones, but last night's episode...... Holy shit balls!

18fan4life likes this.
  20. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

You should look into the Pennsylvania Railroad T1 Steam Locomotive Trust. They are actively building a brand-new Pennsylvania Railroad T1 4-4-4-4 Duplex steam engine from the ground up. This class of high-speed passenger train was originally built in 1945, but they all fell victim to the scrapper's torch by 1956 (when Pennsylvania Railroad pulled the plug on its steam program and dedicated itself to the diesel locomotives).

It is slow going at the moment, but hopefully in the next five to ten years, their dream of having the T1 Duplex racing down the tracks at 100 MPH pulling passengers happens.

Website (where you can see progress of the build and get more information): https://prrt1steamlocomotivetrust.org/

For those who don't know what a T1 Duplex locomotive is, see the videos below:

Pennsylvania-Railroad-T1-and-T1a-Duplex-21-trains.com_.jpg