1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

MrDude68 and BrendonH12 like this.
  2. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Here's a question for everyone: who is either currently working, or has worked overnight shifts over the course of their career? I'm starting out working 12-hour overnight shifts from 6 PM to 6 AM on Sundays through Tuesdays.

What did you guys do to get your bodies ready in terms of sleep schedules, meals, relaxation methods post-shift - all of that stuff?

3. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Naturally being a night owl as helped me greatly, but here's a couple of tips:

1. Sleep as soon as you get home from work.
    2. Leave early enough to get food enroute to your workplace. If they allow it, eat at your workplace so you don't wind up being late.
    3. While sleep is good and it is important to get plenty of it, you realistically only need 6 hours of it. 8 hours will actually make you feel extra tired, and gives you less time to prepare for your shift.

joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  4. ShadowKnight508

5. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Since he's 19, I'd argue that he probably does need the full 8. Fortunately since he's 19, he's probably wired to sleep from 7am - 3pm better than if he were slightly older.

Tetronix likes this.
  6. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

In case anyone is wondering all add-ons for Firefox are broke in Modzilla's latest update. So if you had any skins, reddit enhancement suite, or whatever add-ons it'll all be disabled. They are working on a fix so don't panic and don't try to uninstall you extensions, once they fix the certificates or whatever everything should go back to normal.

Modzilla bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1548973

7. ShadowKnight508

That explains a lot. I went to go visit Youtube about an hour ago, and then I noticed the ads starting to pop up on the pages and in the videos I wanted to watch. Went to check my Ad-Blocker extension, and noticed that it was no longer there.

8. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Since the average sleep cycle lasts 90 minutes, sleeping in some interval of 90 is a good bet that you'll wake up feeling well-rested and ready to get up. Because of this, the recommended 8 hours is garbage advice in my opinion. But I actually don't find 6 hours to be enough for me... It may work for a couple days, but then I just start getting more and more tired. So my current habits include 7.5 hours of sleep, and I feel great in the morning. I'm 24, for reference.

nascarfan9 and Tetronix like this.
  9. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

10. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

Because of the reveal of Harvick's millennial scheme, let's not forget about this:

gdxo5b4ektw21.jpg

nascarfan9, joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  11. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

What would be your ideal NASCAR game?
    Mine would have NR2003 physics/moddability, with the career mode elements of NT2004 and D2D.
    NH3 is ok, but it is still lacking in some departments, while a rags to riches career in NR2003 is not simple to do, unless you handicap yourself with subpar setups and fiddle with AI strength rather than having your equipment actually be worse(something that would easily be fixed by having the AI equipment ratings affect the player)
    NT2004 and 05CFTC while fun are outdated, and don't offer the flexibility that I'd like, and most modern NASCAR games don't click with me.(Also iRacing has no offline to speak of, so theirs that)

I know, I know, unrealistic and incredibly specific but a man can dream right :rolleyes:
    Also, sorry for shitty wording, articulation is not my strong suit :p

joeykraus19 likes this.
  12. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

13. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

I don't believe that's really ever been touched on, and of the games I've played, the only racing anything I've seen is the Tyler County Dirt Track workshop location in Fallout 76 and the Ivanpah Race Track in New Vegas...

14. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

15. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster I'm in the business of misery

16. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

I went to Costco with my boss today and shit, I love Costco. Absolutely one of my favorite things about America.

17. ShadowKnight508

F1 Legend Niki Lauda Dead At 70 (Credit to Jalopnik):
    Austrian-born Andreas Nikolaus Lauda was a legendary figure of perseverance in the face of adversity, having stared down hell itself in a 1976 German Grand Prix crash that left him badly burned and returned to the race car just 6 weeks later. He was a common sight on the F1 grid even in recent years, and an inspiration to those who came after him. Lauda passed away Monday after undergoing kidney dialysis.

Lauda won F1 world championships with Ferrari in 1975 and 1977, famously falling just one point short of the 1976 title to McLaren’s James Hunt. After a two year stint at Brabham, followed by a two-year retirement from the sport, Lauda was coaxed back into racing with McLaren for four seasons, winning his third title in 1984 by half a point over teammate Alain Prost.

Lauda’s loved ones confirmed today that he had peacefully fallen asleep surrounded by friends and family.

SOURCE: https://jalopnik.com/formula-one-legend-and-3-time-world-champion-niki-laud-1834907056

joeykraus19 likes this.
  18. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Resident hater of playoofs

That is very sad to hear. The man was a legend, and lived more than 40 years after he should have been killed. Just an amazing, resilient masterclass of a racing figure. Definitely have to re-watch Rush.

Some other sad motorsport news, but much more in the ironic way rather than properly sad. Al Unser Jr. has been arrested yet again for DUI: https://www.wishtv.com/sports/india...-unser-jr-arrested-for-owi-in-avon/2013900555

Bitbreaker likes this.
  19. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Told to stay in his ****ing motorhome.

One of the toughest drivers to ever climb behind the wheel, for sure. RIP Niki...

MrDude68 likes this.
  20. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Lucas Oil Speedway was hit by a tornado last night in Wheatland, MO. Campers flipped over, Stands are a jumbled, twisted mess of steel.