1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Really random thought that came to me today: in the papyrus indycar racing II game if you hit the pacecar hard enough the driver would say "What the hell was that!?!" I remember doing that as a kid to hear that line. Wish I could find a video of it, I still have the game but don't have a way to run it on modern pc's lol.

2. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

DOSBox and virtual machines are the two easiest ways to go.

3. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmo the Great

[​IMG]

4. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

Damn, that's hella funny right there!

dacinch8 likes this.
  5. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I seem to remember N4 doing something like that too. Mainly because hitting it was like hitting a brick wall and it would damage your car. I was glad that they took that out in nr2003.

USSTalladega and joeykraus19 like this.
  6. dacinch8

dacinch8 Livin' Off Sprite 24/7.

I remember in NASCAR Heat / Dirt to Daytona where you could collide with the Pace Car. I would laugh my ass off and me and my cousin would have a competition on who could knock the Pace Car from the starting point. The loser would give the winner $1. Plus, if you held a combination of buttons while flying in the air the physics would freak out and the car would dance around.

oh and also in case you didn’t notice you’re DRIVING THE WRONG WAY

joeykraus19 likes this.
  7. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

Found a Lone Star Tick, the one that can make you allergic to red meat, on me after mowing the grass yesterday. No bump or redness after I pulled it off so I’m thinking maybe it hadn’t bit me yet? That would be cool because with my luck I’d be the one to get the allergy.

8. wslates

wslates 1

Some random thoughts:

Conan O'Brien's guest cancelled on him at the last minute tonight, so he simply had his personal assistant Sona on the show.

Been back into bike riding this year, really enjoying it this summer. 175 miles down this summer, 360 miles down this year. Neat.

Can't wait until comic-con and we can get our first look at Star Trek: Picard.

9. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson Paint Crew Paint Crew

Back from vacation. Gonna relax this weekend by watching the Xfinity and MENCS races tonight and tomorrow, and I'll be back to painting again on Sunday!!

10. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Watching Chase Briscoe, among others do his thing on r/nascar has been an freaking treat to witness. You learn a lot of interesting things that don't get posted about over here.

Tetronix likes this.
  11. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

12. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

i’m goin on vacation to cali, on my way to the airport now. probably not gonna be posting a lot but oh well

nascarfan9 likes this.
  13. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Fell asleep on the train today, woke up without my watch.

14. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

Wow, without waking you up?

15. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

I guess you can say... You don’t have the time.

nascarfan9, mtblillie and BrendonH12 like this.
  16. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Yeah, I usually fiddle with it and after I woke up on the train I had nothing to fiddle.

:(

17. wslates

wslates 1

July 16, 1969. 50 years ago today, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins lift off atop the most powerful machine humankind has ever built, the Saturn V. Apollo 11's mission: land humankind on the moon and return them safely to Earth.

"man begins the greatest adventure in his history, all of that long billions years or so....because man is about to launch himself on a trip to the Moon, with the expectation of landing there." - Walter Conkrite

18. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson Paint Crew Paint Crew

If you’re currently in high school and plan on attending community college after graduation, please , please, please know what major you’re going for and what university you’re going to transfer to after graduation. Don’t be like me and change your mind at the start of your sophomore year. Some of those classes that you took your freshman year might not transfer over and you’ll end up having to take them after graduation in order to even apply for the university/ school you’re transferring to.

I’m thankful that only 3 classes are wrong. Don’t make the same mistake as I did y’all .

MrDude68 and dalejr88rox like this.
  19. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

And if you don't know what you want to study yet, DO NOT come out of high school and immediately go to a 4-year school. You will find out at some point that you are in the wrong major and you'll just put yourself further in debt. Better to just take a break year, get some traveling in while you're young, and then work up some savings to help pay for college later as you're trying to figure it out.

And one more thing: Don't forget about trades. You can make loads of money in those and they are great jobs. Don't let people talk down to you. You can hold your head up later as you're getting paid well in your mid 20s with no debt to speak of, and they're drowning in student loans with (in many cases) a dead-end degree.

Chandler Tyson and dalejr88rox like this.
  20. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread

I cannot stress this enough. The college system is designed to be predatory towards kids who don't know what they're getting in to. I've waited until now (I'm 24) to go to school and try to get a degree, and I'm lucky that I was so indecisive in high school that I didn't get roped into a student loan I'll never pay off