1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

Man, I hope you have a speedy recovery my dude. Happy to hear that you are okay thus far.

2. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder "I can shotgun a White Claw."

Here's a "what the fuck" moment for you all...

I hardly ever get on Instagram. I used to way back in the day, but I hardly use it anymore. On July 4th, I was completely obliterated with liquor and posted a wonderful drunk picture of myself on a pool float that somebody had taken of me. So I hop on Instagram today and see that Angela Ruch liked that picture. I never put any tags on that picture, nor does she follow me, nor do I follow her, nor have I ever liked or commented on any of her posts.

To quote Natalie Decker's spotter, "I'm completely fucking lost right now." Screenshot_20190820-133531_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20190820-133544_Instagram.jpg

3. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

Just got the news that Spiderman is no longer part of the MCU because Sony decided to be a little bitch, so it's time for Disney to buy Sony now.

4. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

For once I'm sort of in favor of Disney.

5. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

Good way for Sony to get their ass boycotted. Smart move.

6. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

7. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread

I get stuff like this occasionally. Nelson Piquet Jr briefly followed me and Ed Jones liked a picture of my cat

joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  8. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

9. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder "I can shotgun a White Claw."

See, but that's at least that's racing related. This is just a drunk picture of me lol.

MrDude68 and crazyboy335 like this.
  10. dacinch8

dacinch8 Striving on Sweet Iced Tea

Time to make a Rossi car then

joeykraus19 and Skyline like this.
  11. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

It's definitely random and I think they want us to think that it was actually the driver that liked your post. Scott Dixon liked a picture of my Jeep and Greg Zipadelli started following me on IG but they must go through accounts that have racing related interests or something.

crazyboy on the other hand that is totally awesome.

joeykraus19 and crazyboy335 like this.
  12. crazyboy335

This one is my pièce de résistance though :p

Screenshot_20190704-232415_Instagram.jpg

13. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Thanks y'all for the kind words. I was discharged with a motorized wheelchair and everything I wanted to do is very disability-friendly and I'm having a pretty easy time right now. Went to Camp Nou and a few museums, ate a lot of good food.

Also Angela Ruch liking a drunk picture of you is hilarious.

14. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson #di9 Paint Crew

Does anyone think I should make the oranges and blues darker? The SRD crew render makes it look way too bright.
    Untitled-2.jpg
    The real car (with different lighting in each pic) for reference:
    GettyImages-1168482074.jpg

[​IMG]

joeykraus19 likes this.
  15. crazyboy335

Leave it as is for the game flat, then make a render flat that's darker.

16. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson #di9 Paint Crew

Good idea, that helped a ton. Thanks!

crazyboy335 likes this.
  17. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmus pessimus

So as a Californian now in New England, I'm learning I have to deal with tornado warnings. Making me realize I have no idea how to deal with a tornado. Infernos and shaking ground I can work with. Large whirly storms, no clue.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  18. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

I've lived in the midwest most my life. You don't deal with them. You get in a shelter, basement, windowless room, or somewhere where shit won't break all over and hope to God you live. One barreled through a town 20 minutes north of me just yesterday morning, there's simply nothing you can do but hope when one hits. Most stations are very good about informing and keeping you updated on tornadoes, but I also live with one of the best weather stations in the country so I'm not sure how true that is.

19. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

I feel like these are relevant...
    [​IMG]

Also, since weather is a bit more... uh... active compared to where you were, I'd give your local National Weather Service Office a follow on whichever social media platforms you use. That's where your tornado/severe thunderstorm warnings will come from. Here's a map to help find your local office:
    [​IMG]

Also, give The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) and National Hurricane Center (NHC) a follow as well. The SPC issues thunderstorm outlooks days in advance where thunderstorms, especially the severe variety, are most likely to occur, and they also handle the tornado/severe thunderstorm watches that'll be issued on days like today. And while you're in New England, and it's relatively rare (compared to areas to the south), that region can get full-fledged hurricanes from time to time, making the NHC a great follow too, especially since we're just about to enter the most active portion of the Atlantic hurricane season (Sept. 10 is the climatological peak).

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions or want to learn more. :D

Attached Files:

20. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmus pessimus

That is very, VERY helpful, thanks a million! Yeah all of our extreme weather from where I'm from is either relatively slow-moving, drawn out, or unpredictable. Never had to deal with extreme weather of matter falling from the sky, so this is tremendously useful information to know.

nascarfan9 likes this.