1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

I feel the same way every time I open up my old logos folder for painting. There's so much stuff in there that needs to be cleaned up, and every time I look at it I'm like ehhhhh. One day lol.

Tetronix and mtblillie like this.
  2. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Seeing the "Maybe it's the way you're dressed" meme around the internet the past few days is very weird because I know the guy who started it. Also I've been playing Super Metroid the past few days since it's on Nintendo Switch Online now and it's a lot more fun than I remember it being when I played it a few years ago.

3. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

There's a meme that's literally just a high school yearbook quote from my yearbook and I enjoy seeing it around. Feels like somebody from my graduating class made it big.

4. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

I'm on that wtf side of youtube again. If you haven't seen these before well...prepare to snort.

5. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson #di9 Paint Crew

.... please ignore this,lol.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  6. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

No worries dude, thanks for letting us know and obviously you don't owe us anything. Take as long a break as you need.

mtblillie likes this.
  7. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

8. Chandler Tyson

Wanted to elaborate on this a little bit more, now that I've had a night to sleep on this, and since this post may have came out of left field considering I was cranking out cars and on a roll when it comes to painting. I've had time to think about it since posting and I regret posting this because I was rolling on 4 hours of sleep yesterday,lol. I don't feel like myself when that happens. While I've personally never been drunk before, I would imagine that I would feel something similar whenever I do eventually get drunk(I'm going to a big university next year, so its bound to happen at some point,lol.). So think of my previous post as a drunk post, lmfao.

But, seriously,
    I do regret posting my last post and I will not taking a break. I'm going to keep painting till my computer explodes,lol. Maybe this will teach me a lesson. I think I'm gonna delete the post too.

Chandler

9. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

You don't owe us anything, if you feel like taking a break for a day, a week, a month, we will still be here when you return. If you enjoy painting, paint, if you need a rest, you don't have to call in sick with us. We are just happy you are willing to share your excellent work with us!

10. Chandler Tyson

Haha, thanks man, I appreciate it. I just felt lost this morning with nothing to do, besides studying of course, since painting is like one of my few hobbies,lol. I can't study all day,lol. That would drive me insane.

mtblillie likes this.
  11. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

Dude. Take a break. If you keep trying to force it, you're gonna have a mental break like I did.

The world's gonna keep turning if you don't make cars for a month or so.

12. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmus pessimus

Dude I totally get what you mean. Since I'm a graduate student, I'm working on school or research nearly every waking hour of every day of every week. I need some sort of outlet to be creative rather than scientific, whether that be through making music or through enveloping myself in the fantasies I create in NR2003. I'm trying myself to get back on an uptick on the latter. Albeit in many respects I'm not nearly as creative in NR03 as I could or should be lol.

Chandler Tyson likes this.
  13. nascarfreak88

Sorry for the double-post, but I thought this was so god damn awesome I had to share.

[​IMG]

So, a bit of background. Indy Eleven is a football club in the USL Championship, which is the league below the MLS (like the Xfinity series, because I'm so inept at any other sport metaphors). Apparently the USL is doing a "Culture Week," which I don't know anything about. BUT, Indy Eleven made this kit for it. Which is no surprise, Indy Eleven always puts out 500-themed kits in May. And even their normal kits and crest have subtle nods to the 500. Their name too is a little bit of a play on the 500 as well (not only the 11 players on a soccer pitch, but also the 11 rows of three).

I think this kit is executed pretty poorly (their May kits are much better), but still I love the cross of my two sports. Hence why I love that Premier League and pretty much any motorsport is on NBC, there's quite a bit of cross-promotion of the two. If F1 was back on there I'd never have to change the channel.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    JeffJordan and BrendonH12 like this.
  14. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

Look at what I found at the small local private airport near my house!
    69819590_375541723400430_1165684077236322304_o.jpg

15. Chandler Tyson

Well, I think this must be a sign for me to take a break. Last night while I was gaming, my pc died. The infamous BSOD error, THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. I've spent all day today trying to fix it and its only gotten worse. I tried replacing the GPU, PSU, and RAM. Now it won't even boot to windows and gives the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Don't know what to do now. I'm starting to think the CPU (I7-8700k) is dead.

16. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I use PC Help Forum, if that helps.

17. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

That looks really cool, and maybe it's just me, but that looks more like an F1 car...

18. nascarfreak88

The tub looks accurate, but the nose screams A1GP to me. Albeit IndyCar itself has issues with the car in its logo so not my major concern lol. Its just too busy and all-over-the-place for a soccer jersey.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  19. Chandler Tyson

Turns out it was my mobo that was dead, bought a new one which I should get on Monday, so I'm definitely taking a break from painting for a few days,lmao. That's two ASRock boards I've had problems with now in my small history of building PCs, needless to say, the new board is NOT an ASRock, or as I saw on reddit, ASSRock,lol.

USSTalladega, DaleTona75 and Tetronix like this.
  20. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

There has been an itty bitty baby spider hanging out on my Momo wheel all day. I've been using it again lately so this arrangement isn't going to work. lol