1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

Obligatory passing 1,000 likes post.
    [​IMG]

2. Sebastian Ruiz

Sebastian Ruiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

Today it's Christmas' Eve everyone.

3. Sebastian Ruiz

By the way, obligatory 1,980 likes post.
    [​IMG]

4. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07 Banned

[​IMG]

5. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Usually at this time of night on Christmas Eve, I post "Twas The Night Before Christmas", but this year is going to be a bit different.

1968 was a year of turmoil in the U.S., with the Vietnam War, peace protests, and race riots. Apollo 8 launched in December of that year, and was a bright spot in a pretty bleak year. When they arrived at the Moon on Christmas Eve 1968, they were televised live, and read from the book of Genesis. It was the shining star on the tree of hope and peace.

I think this year is a year of turmoil as well. My thought in posting this is for hope and peace for everyone here at SRD.

And with that, here's the transcript from Apollo 8:

William Anders

We are now approaching lunar sunrise, and for all the people back on Earth, the crew of Apollo 8 has a message that we would like to send to you.
    In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
    And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

James Lovell

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
    And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
    And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
    And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Frank Borman

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
    And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas – and God bless all of you, all of you on the good Earth

6. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Happy holidays to everyone.

7. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

Good word, @canadienhits!

Merry Christmas, SRD family! Hope you all of a great one!!! :D

8. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

Merry Christmas everyone, and happy holidays to those who may not. I hope you all have a great day filled with family, friends, gift-giving, good food and making memories.

9. Elio Lugaru

Elio Lugaru NASCAR Furry

Merry crimbus everyone!

10. Sebastian Ruiz

He's absolutely right, this year is a year of turmoil for all of us, in all the countries around the world. I hope the next er would be better for ll of us.
    But in the bright side, I finally finished my systems engineering studies, and I hope the next year I can graduate as a systems engineer, and got to study in Hamburg, Germany.
    So Merry Christmas everyone.

USSTalladega and canadienhits like this.
  11. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

So I got a FitBit Versa 2 for Christmas, and while I'm not a health nut (quite the opposite, to be honest), I love tracking the information from my steps, distance and flights of stairs taken. I got it set up this morning before work at 6 and, I absolutely love it. I've hit 12,000 steps today and I could've done a lot more. I'm excited to keep learning more about it's capabilities and tracking my health in a more accurate manner than my iPhone's health app.

12. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Hanukkah haul this year:

- Pokemon Shield
    - A new headset
    - Fanatics gift card
    - Knicks-Lakers tickets (from my boss!)
    - Dinner at my favorite and second favorite places to eat
    - Cowboy Bebop hoodie

13. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Well-Known Member Banned

For Christmas this year I got:

- An internal Blu-Ray drive for my PC
    - A collection of all 6 Alien movies, the first three Pokemon movies, and Into the Spider-Verse, all on Blu-Ray
    - Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Smash for Switch
    - 8BitDo SF30 Pro controller (Basically just a modern Switch controller in the style of a Japanese Super Nintendo controller)
    - $40 Amazon card
    - ~$200 in cash
    - Cuphead on Steam from a friend
    - A 12-pack of mac and cheese cups (My aunt has a sense of humor lol)

14. Elio Lugaru

Elio Lugaru NASCAR Furry

My Christmas haul this year (Its not much. lol)

64gb Apple TV 4K (Good thing i asked for this considering me & my dad cut the cord & went to YouTube TV last month. Was using my Xbox One until i got this.)
    $25 GameStop gift card

15. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Personally, Christmas was pretty dull for me, to the point I largely tried to avoid social media most of the day.

Sounds like a versatile device. I've had the Charge 2 for a while, myself. Love the stats and sleep reports as well.

16. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07 Banned

Got a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds and some various candies. We keep it small - the time off is our main Christmas gift.

17. Sebastian Ruiz

Fr this year's christmas I have:
    - A pair of new tennis
    - Rebook's Short pants for gym
    - Socks and Boxers
    - A new t-shirt
    - A Green Pants
    - A Green belt
    - and 780.000 Colombian pesos (or $263,79) for a new computer

USSTalladega likes this.
  18. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

I didn't get much for Christmas. Which I am perfectly fine with. When you have a 5 year old daughter, pretty much everything Christmas goes to her anyway. So I won't bore you with every single thing that I got. Lol. Which usually the wife gets me stuff that I need anyway. I will hit the highlights for you all. My major highlight came from my parents as they got me a G29 Wheel. That was the only thing they got me but knowing the price, there is no need for me to even ask for more. My wife got me the Blink of an Eye DVD that just came out recently. She also got me the Bubba Wallace 2018 Throwback Hauler from NASCAR Authentics. Actually we picked that up a couple of weeks ago but she made me take it as a Christmas present. She even wrapped it and everything. Lol. Yes, we are strange like that. Lol.

19. Elio Lugaru

Elio Lugaru NASCAR Furry

Well, I used my $25 GameStop gift card today to get a $50 Steam Wallet Card.
    (If anyone wonders, i paid for the rest of the Steam Wallet Card using Apple Pay.)

USSTalladega likes this.
  20. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I had a pretty simple Christmas. Got a Chicago concert t-shirt, a Journey concert tee and baseball cap, and a Los Angeles Chargers jersey,

joeykraus19 and EarnhardtFan like this.