5.00 star(s) 3 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Your Random Thought

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Reaction score
Also, for the record:

It sound like the OG creator kind of endorsed the cars, so take from that what you will......

MattyO

Salty
Reaction score
Victor isn't in Steven's discord server. I don't think he's ever been in the discord server, and I doubt he'll be in the discord server in the future.
I'm not talking about steve's discord. Clearly you all know each other from twitter, and where ever else, and are in the same circle of friends. Maybe I'm wrong on that? I sincerely doubt it.

Saan Anguish

Inflictor of Pain
Staff member
Reaction score
Since when is it ok to blatantly rip off someone's work and get praised for it? I guess when you're in the cool kids group, you can do whatever you want. This victor dude ain't the only one doing it either. There is someone else who's considered the painting overlord of the sjw's in that little painting group of theirs that's been caught with his/him/her/she hand in the cookie jar too. These guys have no shame. Back in the day anyone pulling this garbage would have been roasted for doing some shit like this.

I was mainly referencing this point here. I should've clarified in my initial post.

MattyO

Salty
Reaction score
Also, for the record:

It sound like the OG creator kind of endorsed the cars, so take from that what you will......
What's he care? And that's my point. He doesn't give a rip. The painting community doesn't give a rip. When did it become acceptable to rip schemes and get praised for it?

What the hell happened that I missed that part of painting cars? I seem to be the only one along with the guy he ripped it from that seems to care. That's a sad state of affairs if ya ask me.

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about steve's discord. Clearly you all know each other from twitter, and where ever else, and are in the same circle of friends. Maybe I'm wrong on that? I sincerely doubt it.
Yeah, you are wrong. Victor not in that "circle of friends" as you like to call it and goes on about his own business. I only know the guy because he was once in a Nascar Youtuber's Facebook group. Also, hilarious to try and call it a rip when;

A. The schemes look nothing alike.
B. Victor made the logos to begin with and JJ here just wanted to show off his scheme and be sarcastic.

MattyO

Salty
Reaction score
I was mainly referencing this point here. I should've clarified in my initial post.
Yeah, I guess I was wrong on that? I've seen familiar names that are here, for example like this mcgullicutty dude, and in steves discord that comment on each others paint schemes. Including this victor guy.

MattyO

Salty
Reaction score
A. The schemes look nothing alike
I disagree. Adding a silver and blue strip doesn't make it unique at all.
B. Victor made the logos to begin with and JJ here just wanted to show off his scheme and be sarcastic.
So, I'm confused. This JJ dude painted his car. Victor then made his version. But this JJ dude grabbed the logo's from Victor because Victor is the one who made them in the first place?

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Victor made the logos and for all I know, JJ could've asked Vic for them and got them for use on his own scheme.

MattyO

Salty
Reaction score
You're ok Thunder, I know you're not my biggest fan. But regardless,lol.

So, big boy pants on.......

My apologies to Victor. My apologies to my fans over at Steve's discord and the like.

Now I'm going to have a word with this fucking JJ dude for having the stones to say Victor copied him when Victor was the one who made the god damn logo's to begin with.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
My mom sent me a marketing survey she got emailed from NASCAR. So I took it and basically wrote a short essay on one of the free response questions asking why NASCAR is heading in the wrong direction. In some ways I put far more effort into saying NASCAR has pissed me off for the past 10 years than I do toward my actual essays that I write for PhD courses.

Last edited:

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
"I understand NASCAR's business model, but it's entertainment over engineering and unfortunately that just doesn't sit with me. I do not understand why we would be involved in a series where engineering pushing the envelope for production vehicles was not what was required."- from https://www.allpar.com/threads/crea...r-dodge-truck-chassis.236862/#post-1085245275
I think the quote right below that is more damning.

Well, you can't argue that NASCAR's not been successful as a business model, and has made a lot of people quite wealthy, from the suppliers, team owners, track owners, and everyone associated with it. That's the other way of looking at it.
Yeah, they've made people rich off their stupid bullshit "entertainment" like playoofs, stages, charters (even though that's not really entertainment but you get my point), and bad aero while the viewers tune off because it all sucks. Pursuit of money and backscratching over fairness, integrity, and concern for the viewer. That was basically the point of what I wrote in my response to that question lol

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Just completed (finally) watching 'Gotham'... now, do I watch the Nolan Trilogy or Lego Batman Movie, lol.

Connor J Shields

SRD Member
Reaction score
Just completed (finally) watching 'Gotham'... now, do I watch the Nolan Trilogy or Lego Batman Movie, lol.
Try watching the Christopher Nolan Trilogy first. I've seen Batman Begins & The Dark Knight Rises and they're both good movies. The second one, The Dark Knight is ranked along the greatest superhero films ever made, but I haven't seen it.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, wrote that before thought with a big of a laugh.

I've watched all the Nolan movies many, many times. It's a great reboot/reinvented trilogy. I love the Lego Batman movie too. It's funny and witty, very colourful. So my poor joke(r) lol... was the drastic different between the 2 after Gotham. ;)