Latest resources

44 - Super Mega Camaro - CLT1 canadienhits
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
39 - Clear Blue / CMR Construction and Roofing / A-Game Mustang - CLT1 canadienhits
39 - Clear Blue / CMR Construction and Roofing / A-Game Mustang - CLT1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
31 - Bommarito.com Camaro - CLT1 canadienhits
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
23 - GunBroker.com / AMMO Inc. Camaro - CLT1 canadienhits
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
16 - HyperIce Camaro - CLT1 canadienhits
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Can you experts help me with clermont?

jamesst99

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm redoing the trees, grass, etc. That part is done, but the track needs pit work(cars just sit in there pits way too long). This part of modding, I'm over my head. Please help me, the track looks excellent so far, but I can't release it's until finished! Here
's a few preview pics.
01.jpg
0.jpg

jamesst99

SRD Member
Reaction score
Seems like they get their tires but then get some kinda penalty(entering pits unsafely?). Check your P.M. And thanks!!

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
When I try to open the track in Sandbox, it just opens and closes on it's own without offering any sort of error message. I don't think I've experienced this before. Anyone else know what might be the problem with Sandbox?

fortine_oo

SRD Member
Reaction score
jamesst99 said,
"... the track needs pit work(cars just sit in there pits way too long)"
"Seems like they get their tires but then get some kinda penalty(entering pits unsafely?)."

Yes, the ai don't stay on the pit lp's and therefore PROBABLY miss entering the "Pit Road" subsurface from the end. Entering/exiting the "Pit Road" subsurface from the side will cause a pit penalty.
I said PROBABLY because the track does not open in Sandbox (as duly noted by Rufio2031) and therefore I cannot see the location of the track subsurface.
I presume the track is not recognized by Sandbox due to the way the track was converted from GPL to NR2003. This is an impediment, but it does not preclude getting things sorted out, it just requires editing outside the box. I presume you are making your changes via 3dSimEd (or other app).

So, you can correct the ai getting on/off of pit road and receiving timely pit service without incurring a penalty by creating new pit lp's and making some track.ini < [ pit_lane_0 ] > edits, but that alone won't result in credible ai pitting.

The added problem is the way NR2003 pitting is coded.
There are other alternatives that would be possible if the track could be edited in Sandbox, but with the current situation, I'll preface the next statement as "normally"...
1) You need at least 2 pit lp's to get the ai to perform correctly on pit road, i.e. 2 clear paths for the ai to drive on pit road and get in/out of their pitbox.
2) Enough space/clearance for the ai to get in/out of their pitbox without contacting other cars.
The current configuration does not encompass the necessary parameters for either #1 or #2.

So, make the new pit lp's,
1) pit0.lp to the right of the track/pit road dividing line,
2) minpit0.lp one lane (on pit road) to the right of the pit0.lp,
3) maxpit0.lp to encompass the left side of the track from < merge_to_pit_line_dlong = 7000.00 > to on top of pit0.lp around the last turn and through the pits and onto the track just slightly sooner than pit0.lp.

Next,
1) extend the dlat of pit road 3-4 meters in the direction of the pit buildings,
2) move the pit buildings and fence to the edge of the new pit width,
3) move the car hauler at pit entry

Finally, create new track.ini values in the [ pit_lane_0 ] section.
1) new values for:
merge_to_pit_line_dlong = 7000.00 ; default 7960.00 ; dlong at which cars entering pits will merge to pit line
merge_to_pit_line_length = 350.00 ; default 31.0 ; length of merge window
2) new pit stall coordinates, possibly extending the pit stall locations closer to pit exit and closer to pit entry, minimum 8.5m (although 9.0m would be better),
3) appropiate values for your new pit lp's
slow_pit_line_dlat_offset = x.xx ; track-specific dlat_offset of 2nd slower pit line (0 if N/A)
stall_exit_goal_dlong_offset = x.xx ; goal dlong offset (ahead) for the pit stall exit cubic line
stall_exit_goal_dlat_offset = x.xx ; goal dlat offset (+ left) for the pit stall exit cubic line
begin_stall_entry_offset = x.xx ; offset at which to begin entering the pit stall
begin_stall_approach_offset = x.xx ; offset at which to begin approaching the pit stall

Piece of cake, eh?
Welcome to the wonderful world of NR2003 ai editing.