5.00 star(s) 3 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Console & PC Video Games Discussion

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Picked up MediEvil for PS4 (installing it now) and Modern Warfare for my Xbox One X. Looking forward to playing both this weekend. For PC I think I am finally going to upgrade my graphics card. I've had a 980 ti since I built my pc and wanted to move up but the 1080 ti being discontinued is still 1k and the same price as a 2080 ti. So I'm going to get the RTX 2070 Super I think. I don't play in 1440p or 4k so I think it'll be plenty fine for the few games I play on pc in 1080p and give me a boost with my modded Skyrim and Fallout 4 games with the extra v-ram. From all the reviews I've read it's pretty much double the framrate and power of a 980 ti and comparable to a 1080 ti but also has a little raytracing future proofing.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Finished Control and Quantum Break in the last couple of weeks and started The Outer Worlds, which has exceeded my expectations in almost every way. It's basically Fallout in space and fills that void left by the disaster that is Fallout 76, and actually has better gunplay than Fallout.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
The Outer Worlds, which has exceeded my expectations in almost every way. It's basically Fallout in space and fills that void left by the disaster that is Fallout 76, and actually has better gunplay than Fallout.

I've been jonesing for that game since it was announced. I really wish I had a PC powerful enough to play it, it looks stellar.

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The Steam Autumn Sale is now live.
Assetto Corsa Competizione is on sale for $26. I'm going to pick that up.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
The Steam Autumn Sale is now live.
Assetto Corsa Competizione is on sale for $26. I'm going to pick that up.
I see assetto corsa ultimate edition is $11.05 on steam as well. I am VERY interested as NR2003 lacks GT/IMSA/F1 racing and I would like to play more of that (currently doing Forza Motorsports 6 to fill the gap).

I do have some questions though, if anyone would help me out:
-What's the difference between AC and AC Competizione. Is it just the latest version or is it a like the difference between Forza Motorsports and Forza horizon?
-I heard this game was moddable, is it moddable like NR2003 where there is an array of tracks and mods or is it something less? I'll have to look out for download sites and see what is available. On that note, do AC and AC Compitezone have similar moddability or is one better than the other?
-I assume that you can paint your own cars like NR2003, but I don't want to be disappointed if you can't. Does the PC version allow you to import cars much like NR2003 or is more like Heat where you have to sort of hack the game to do it?

Thanks for anyone's help on this!

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Assetto Corsa was released in 2014 and has a great mix of GT cars, open-wheelers, and road cars along with laser-scanned tracks. The handling & physics model is well regarded. Also, the modding community is exceptional. It's basically this generation's version of rFactor.
Assetto Corsa Competizione was released this year and focuses on the Blancpain GT Series only. There's dynamic weather, improved physics, laser-scanned tracks, and other goodies. The game is not moddable and is more focused on multiplayer. The game is the best GT3 experience you'll find anywhere.

I strongly recommend Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition, you won't regret it.

mtblillie

SRD Member
Reaction score
Assetto Corsa was released in 2014 and has a great mix of GT cars, open-wheelers, and road cars along with laser-scanned tracks. The handling & physics model is well regarded. Also, the modding community is exceptional. It's basically this generation's version of rFactor.
Assetto Corsa Competizione was released this year and focuses on the Blancpain GT Series only. There's dynamic weather, improved physics, laser-scanned tracks, and other goodies. The game is not moddable and is more focused on multiplayer. The game is the best GT3 experience you'll find anywhere.

I strongly recommend Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition, you won't regret it.
Thanks for the info, that is very helpful. Parusing around AC downloads suggests that 'mods' are not like NR2003 in that you have to have the MENCS19 mod to have MENCS19 models but instead you can download general car models to put in the game, is that right? I assume it is more like Forza in that cars are separated by class or a similar distinction rather than by 'mod.'

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Tomb Raider (2013) & Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris are free to keep on Steam until March 24 if you need something to play during this tough time.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
The next couple of weeks are going to be busy with some heavy hitters being released. First up is Persona 5 Royal on Tuesday, which I'm more than happy putting another 120-130 hours into just to get the extra content. Then next Friday, is RE3 remake and then the biggie, FF7 remake the week after. Can't wait for ALL OF THEM.

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Automobilista 2 is available for purchase during its early access period on Steam. It's $29.99 until the period ends. The price will be $49.99 once it reaches version 1.0.

mtblillie

SRD Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have Xbox One with a gold acct, Project Cars 2 is one of the free games this month

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The 3000 Series graphics cards from Nvidia has been revealed.
GeForce RTX 3090: $1499 available on September 24.
GeForce RTX 3080: $699 available on September 17.
GeForce RTX 3070: $499 available in October.

Nvidia claims that the RTX 3080 performs up to twice as well as the GeForce RTX 2080, and that the RTX 3070 performs as fast as the RTX 2080 Ti. If that is the case, these will sell very, very well. As always, wait for benchmarks.

Last edited:

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks to scalpers just double all those prices pretty much. Even now the 2080 ti's are way over the market value still.

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The new Ryzen 5000 Series of CPUs has been announced by AMD, and all of these CPUs will be available on November 5:
Ryzen 9 5950X: 16 cores/32 threads, 4.9 Ghz boost, $799
Ryzen 9 5900X: 12 cores/24 threads, 4.8 Ghz boost, $549
Ryzen 7 5800X: 8 cores/16 threads, 4.7 Ghz boost, $449
Ryzen 5 5600X: 6 cores/12 threads, 4.6 Ghz boost, $299

AMD claims that these CPUs have the fastest single-threaded performance in the industry. As always, wait for benchmarks. AMD will reveal their next-gen Radeon GPUs on October 28.

Raf_CDN

SRD Pick'em Series Rookie and 1-Time Race Winner
SRD Member
Reaction score
So I tried NASCAR Heat 4 during the last steam sale... for about 20 minutes before the painting bug bit me. Probably no surprise why I've been painting cars for so long LOL