Latest resources

High-Resolution Tire Texture James Hodge
Created using a ultra high-res photo of a real track-used NASCAR Goodyear Eagle tire.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
On-Track Effects Update James Hodge
Updates to smoke, sun, sparks, lens flare and light glow.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
Underbody Texture Update James Hodge
Darkens the underbody of all cars in the NXS20 mod to increase realism.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020/21 Honda Accord Template James Hodge
An updated Accord template, now including the 2021 front end and a Honda-specific shiny.mip.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
78 - Tufco Flooring Camaro - ATL1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Lastlap's Showroom

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Credits:

* Temp Car: Myself (2048) resized & reworked the original DMR with added parts. Brian Simpson (Sun Spots, rivets) , MWClark (pins?), Whomever's fuel filler kicking about for years.
* Temp Driver: Myself (2048) resized & reworked the original suit by Brian Simpson. Open face helmet originally by John Beatty of Papyrus/The Pitwagon (had this since N4/2001). I made the new mic, belt latch by BCR.
* Base: Myself
* #: MasGrafx
* Logos: Myself, Google
* Conts: Myself, Google, @DERacing, eBay, Worthpoint, Millers Vinyl Graphics, @J.R.Franklin, @CAkin24
* Render: @garrett1127 w/DMR Iceman scene

These were a lot of fun to paint. Researching the correct logos and contingencies for 1990. Trying to keep it minimal with the overall '90 look. I know most of the big Cup teams ran the same sponsor in Busch but wanting to have a different look.

Winston Cup Lumina - Gillette Sensor:

Busch GNS Lumina - Duracell:

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Introducing Project 98!

Loved the late '90s, the most colourful time for the sport with schemes & sponsors. So was really pleased to learn a 98 mod with - + years was going to be released.

I had planned to became 'Mattel Racing' with Matchbox in Cup, Fisher Price in BGN and FP Power Wheels in Trucks. But couldn't work a base for my truck that I was happy with. Also thought the higher ups at Mattel would not be happy with me beating Kyle Petty on track and taking away from the Hot Wheels brand, lol. So moved Matchbox to the Busch Series.

The reason for Gillette in Cup was I bought an old truck program from 98 to work on my truck, on the back cover was an ad for the new 'Mach3' razor. Gillette's new product came out in June so I needed a season start scheme and then a change of brand/marketing. Blue Gillette from the go, Mach3 I would run at the Coke 600+ after using a one off scheme at The Winston (Mello Yello, still WIP).

Credits, most are the same. SnG template. Remade the skirts, grills, edited the round grill. Edited grill tape, made the GNS valance.

Thank you again @garrett1127 for the renders.

Winston Cup Monte Carlo - Gillette & Gillette Mach3

Busch GNS Monte Carlo - Matchbox

Craftsman Truck Series Chevy - Duracell

Next plans are to finish my Aero88 scheme and 1981 Buick.

Last edited:

thunderbolt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Love the Gillette paints
And the Matchbox car brings back memories of my childhood in the 60's
Great job on all of these

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's gorgeous. Never thought I'd see a 2048 truck template for that era.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Credits:

* Temp Car: DMR, I reworked some original parts, added other parts. Brian Simpson Rivets & Sun Spots.
* Temp Driver: Myself, reworked the original suit by Brian Simpson. Face by Papyrus
* Render: @Carbine M1A1

My GN55 & GN55c rides.

thunderbolt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Credits:

* Temp Car: DMR, I reworked some original parts, added other parts. Brian Simpson Rivets & Sun Spots.
* Temp Driver: Myself, reworked the original suit by Brian Simpson. Face by Papyrus
* Render: @Carbine M1A1

My GN55 & GN55c rides.

I'm old enough to say I remember when my family had a '55 Chevy :)

Carbine M1A1

SRD Member
Reaction score
Will post the updated render later today for the convertible i messed up the tire brand and rim color my bad.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Credits:

* Temp Car: BWM, I reworked/remade 90% with Simpson sun spots. I moved the shading down to use the hard edge of the model.
* Temp Driver: Myself, reworked the original suit by Brian Simpson. If I can put myself ingame, always will, lol.
* #: .Racin Grafix
* Render: @Carbine M1A1 (many thanks)

Trying to paint a ride with no scheme is harder IMO. You still need logos & colours to match. I tried red, was too WBR. I tried blue, was too Jarrett and common. Some how ended up with a sea green? lol

My GN63 ride:

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
With a Century ending, a new Millennium starting, NASCAR 2000 is ready to go.

Gillette stays on as primary for the Cup side of things. A mix of both my '98 schemes. Joining the ranks of Labonte & Jarrett, I decided to follow suit and remove the mustache for a cleaner, fresher look... pleasing the sponsor.

With the ever increasing costs of Winston Cup, Mattel & Matchbox decided to not stay on the Busch side of things and focus heavily on Petty's #42 Hot Wheels car. Signing on as primary sponsor is long time associate Coleman, happy to take the reins and keep those Busch beers cold on race day.

Winston Cup Monte Carlo - Gillette Mach 3:

Busch Series Monte Carlo - Coleman:

Credits:

Bases: Myself w Brian Simpson Chrome
Logos: Myself, Online Sources, Corporate Websites
Numbers: MasGrafx Racing
Contingecies: Myself, @DERacing , Online Sources - Google, ebay, Worthpoint, Millers Vinyl Graphics, Years of saves
Mod: Cup2000 - http://www.teamom3ga.com/
Template: Om3gA Racing, SnG, Myself, Brian Simpson
Driver: Myself, Brian Simpson, BCR and John Beatty for the original open face helmet.

Renders: @Mystical