Latest resources

High-Resolution Tire Texture James Hodge
Created using a ultra high-res photo of a real track-used NASCAR Goodyear Eagle tire.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
On-Track Effects Update James Hodge
Updates to smoke, sun, sparks, lens flare and light glow.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
Underbody Texture Update James Hodge
Darkens the underbody of all cars in the NXS20 mod to increase realism.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020/21 Honda Accord Template James Hodge
An updated Accord template, now including the 2021 front end and a Honda-specific shiny.mip.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
78 - Tufco Flooring Camaro - ATL1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Downloads
Updated

*Release* Darlington_MB

Matt Baker

SRD Member
Reaction score
Darlington has been released!

Darlington has been completely rebuilt and now hosts a more accurate layout with reconfigured corners and geometry to make the track race as it does in real life.

Highlights:
  • Race-able apron in turns 1/2 and turns 3/4.
  • Multigroove racing in turns 3/4. Rip the apron or the wall. Where ever your car feels the best.
  • This track is known for its very tricky pit road entrance and this version of the track does not disappoint!
  • Up to 43 pit stalls for the nostalgic racer.
  • New more realistic camera angles which better represent the current angles seen on TV.
  • HD textures to represent the 2020 Southern 500.
  • Race distance: 500 miles
  • You can drive into victory lane to celebrate!
Possible room for improvement:
  • The AI sometimes stack up a bit going into turn 3 after a restart. If you're starting in the back on a restart watch out for this. Normally it only lasts a couple laps.
  • Went with the correct pit wall height so the pit crewmen sink into the wall a bit.
Credits:
  • Big thank yous go out to the FSE guys for your TSOs
  • Big thanks to Duck78 for testing the track.
  • If I missed someone I apologize and do not mean to plagiarize anything. I will give credit where its due.
Wanted to get this out before Christmas and I think I've met that goal. Please comment if you find any issues with the track or have suggestions.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Download link has been updated to my website: LINK

Some preview pics:

Last edited:

Duck 78

SRD Member
Reaction score
I just want to say this! I helped test this track out for awhile! It was so much fun! It feels super realistic, sliding up off turn four is my favorite part. Everyone better try this track out at some point.

thunderbolt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this! I had a feeling you might have a Xmas surprise for us.

Matt Baker

SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! This is my first crack at a night track. Definitely learned a lot. There were some texture upgrades I wanted to make before I released the track and that stalled things a bit.

TheOutlaw1272

No, you're breathtaking.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Tried it for a few days, and by far this is the best Darlington I've ever seen. I love how the AI actually passes each other on the outside in 3 and 4. Never thought NR2003 AI could be capable of that.

phantom17

SRD Member
Reaction score
Matt, Great job on the track. Everything from the way it races to all the eye candy great job.

Miku

Seb Vettel Fangirl
Reaction score
Looks amazing! Great work! -- Cant wait to race it!