Latest resources

High-Resolution Tire Texture James Hodge
Created using a ultra high-res photo of a real track-used NASCAR Goodyear Eagle tire.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
On-Track Effects Update James Hodge
Updates to smoke, sun, sparks, lens flare and light glow.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
Underbody Texture Update James Hodge
Darkens the underbody of all cars in the NXS20 mod to increase realism.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020/21 Honda Accord Template James Hodge
An updated Accord template, now including the 2021 front end and a Honda-specific shiny.mip.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
78 - Tufco Flooring Camaro - ATL1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Downloads
Updated

SRD "Home"

MattyO

Ratioed
Owner
Reaction score
You may have noticed, that clicking "Home" or the logo brings you somewhere different than the forums home. That's because I'm screwing around with changing the "Home" page and what's displayed when you first visit the site.

If you guys have any suggestions on what you'd like to see when you visit the "Home" I'm all ears. I've thrown around ideas in my head about making a paint of the month or a paint of the week or something like that. Maybe "featured threads" or things like that. I'm pretty much open to any ideas. Almost thought about having it show a big middle finger,lol. Just kidding!

Anyhow, if you have any ideas floating around in your head, now is the time to shout them out.

EarnhardtFan

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about that, I thought something was wrong to be honest.

I think that something like a rotating "Featured Resources" section would be neat, and maybe one featuring older downloads like BR15, Cup2000, etc

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
'Download' of the Month? Whatever file had the most traffic, not sure if you can track the clicks etc

To showcase the talent here.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Whenever I click on it it just goes to the forum page but it also logs me out. But to be fair it has always done that to me, must be my browser or something.

MattyO

Ratioed
Owner
Reaction score
Whenever I click on it it just goes to the forum page but it also logs me out. But to be fair it has always done that to me, must be my browser or something.
Na, I disabled it for now until I figure out how to code this right.

Potatosix

Lurker
Reaction score
Maybe showcasing a random resource would be neat? Sometimes someone makes something nice, but it gets buried under newer things.

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of "paint of the month" , perhaps have latest posts showing 10 posts. Just a thought.

MWick4

SRD SuperTruck Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
I like the paint of the month idea for the home page. I don't know about anyone else but I'm very used to using the logo as a way back to the main forum page whenever I'm done on a thread. It would be more convenient, I think, to set the logo to go to the forum but if not I'll just have to get into the habit of clicking the actual button for it.

Raf_CDN

2021 SRD Pick'em Series Rookie
SRD Member
Reaction score
I love the paint of the month idea, but is it going to be a monthly vote where you submit paints, the most liked paint, or something the users and/or Paint Crew and Staff votes on? Either way, it's a really cool concept!

MattyO

Ratioed
Owner
Reaction score
I like the paint of the month idea for the home page. I don't know about anyone else but I'm very used to using the logo as a way back to the main forum page whenever I'm done on a thread. It would be more convenient, I think, to set the logo to go to the forum but if not I'll just have to get into the habit of clicking the actual button for it.
Me too! I plan on changing that..
I love the paint of the month idea, but is it going to be a monthly vote where you submit paints, the most liked paint, or something the users and/or Paint Crew and Staff votes on? Either way, it's a really cool concept!
It'll be a monthly vote with a prize to the winner.

I'm going to make a forum specific to the POTM contests.

Barry Taylor

SRD Member
Reaction score
I do like the paint of the month idea, God knows we could use some nice accurate paint jobs and that would still set this site a part from others, Stunod is beyond ridiculous with bad schemes, way to many fictional schemes that flat suck and this is the first year I can remember since 2003 that not even all the Daytona 500 cars are painted, sporadically yeah, but have you seen these, everyone is in a hurry to be the first, but when you don't even paint a drivers suit and add a pit box, you lose all credibility much less you can't even get contingency decals right. Look I am not a good painter, but I have been spoiled by my older generation, maybe I need to just go away, you tell me, but Matty O is right and to me he just wants the best, I at my age don't have time for hurry up and look at me, I have watched and driven some of the coolest cars you can only imagine, I hate yellow flags and I hate restricted engines and I am sorry, half the drivers today couldn't even drive the tough cars from the 70's and 80's ... OK I started ranting, Contest are good. it promotes ingenuity, I am sure whatever Matty comes up with will be good, just glad to be here, Stunod tries I guess, but man some of the things downloaded I have to say to myself, some people will download anything, no wonder people get viruses in their computer systems. You just downloaded a pile of poo... Go ahead, make my day !

Last edited: