14 - Rush Truck Centers Mustang - MART1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Thank you Matty O

phantom17

SRD Member
Reaction score
@MattyO thank you for all you have done over the years. Your contributions to the community are countless and a huge part of why this game is still alive, from keeping this site going to the Mods and content you have worked on. I just wanted to say thank you. You and this site are forever part of the history of NR2003.
Thank you also for passing this site on and not letting it die. To the New regime thank you for taking this on and good luck!

Last edited:

artofspeed

Star Fox cosplayer and fan of Cheezits
SRD Member
Reaction score
I like to second this sentiment. As much as I wanted to say something on the other post, given how it seems that certain people are probably more happy about you stepping down rather than the change as a whole, I thought to best step back from doing so. Instead, I wish to say thank you. I think you have definitely mad an impact on the community, and have cemented your name into it, no matter how others feel about seeing it. Yes, you have at times gone against the grain, for good and for bad, and I'll be honest, was part of the reason for leaving this site for a while. But to deny what you've done, what you've accomplished, to have one created one of the premier NR2003 sites that, in my opinion, is often the bar for how other sites run, that would be a heinous disrespect. This site was, and still is a place to showcase talent, and be helpful, and not just a site to cater to the grab and go's or the"Can someone make this for me" crowds. I hope that you stick around, if just to add your opinion, be it telling someone that deserves it a good ole "F off!". Thank you, @MattyO , and I wish you luck in your future endeavors, and in the new year!

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
Paint Crew
Reaction score
I was thinking all last night and this morning exactly about this and how to word things. For Matt to keep O'Racing/SRD around for this long AND create content is pretty dammed special. I know Matt has rubbed people the wrong way at times (god knows we've had our shares of disagreements), but you can't look past all Matt has done for the community. I'm glad he's done what he has, because I have some life long friendships and a great place for my hobby from SRD.

MattyO

Ratioed
Owner
Reaction score
I appreciate it fellas. I know I don't make it easy to like me, or this place. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity, and that's just one of many character flaws of mine.

Regardless, I always did try to do what was best for our NR2003 hobby. Minus my big fuck you to DMR back in the day. Many may have not liked my methods, or understood the method to my madness, but I usually had a plan no matter how crazy it looked from the outside looking in.

I'm going to borrow a quote from one of my favorite people. Then I bid you a goodbye and a goodnight. Time for me to sign off and start other things I've been wanting to do.

When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!

InsideLine

Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thank You Matt for all the Years of contributing to the community. People who don't really know You will never understand what a genuinely good Guy You truly are. The People that were called out with obsenties and Your opinion was totally justifiable. Any person can only tolerate shit for a short time if at all. Enjoy Your free time and put some more miles on that Harley! ;)

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Matt, im not gonna sugar coat this at all... you're an asshole, I love how you ran it here, thank you for being as salty as you are, made for some fun reads when you posted! (Couldnt help it)

BTW thank you for putting up with all of this shit for so many years, this has been a premier stop for all NR2003 people.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes I do want to thank Matt for passing the site along, he didn't have to and regardless of what people think of him this was a nice gesture to hand it over to others to keep it going for the community. Sure if SRD died everyone would probably go their separate ways but its pretty hard to make a new site and everyone just agrees upon to make it a new NR hub.

Jason Roush

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thank you bossman for allowing me to be a small part of THE best sim racing resource center and forum’s history. All your hard work, countless hours and dedication to this community is second to none!

J.R.Franklin

SRD Member
Reaction score
Matt, we've both been around this community for a long time. You have made SRD one of the top "Go-To" sites (if not the top site) for NR2003 and eventually all platforms of sim racing for years. The loss of SRD would be a huge blow to the NR2003 sim community, so thank you for handing the reins over to a new leadership who will hopefully keep this "ride" going for all of us who are still obsessed this the great hobby of sim sim racing and the many newcomers that are discovering the fun and joy of it.

I have had the pleasure of getting to know you behind the scenes and while I may not have agreed with your stance on some things, I supported your position on most. I understood that this is your personality, you paid the bills to keep the lights on here for many years and have the right to run things and express yourself the way YOU want to. That may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it makes YOU genuine.... true to who you are. I want to be sure that we continue to keep in touch and run things by each other as we have in the past. Thanks, bud.

Barry Taylor

SRD Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it fellas. I know I don't make it easy to like me, or this place. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity, and that's just one of many character flaws of mine.

Regardless, I always did try to do what was best for our NR2003 hobby. Minus my big fuck you to DMR back in the day. Many may have not liked my methods, or understood the method to my madness, but I usually had a plan no matter how crazy it looked from the outside looking in.

I'm going to borrow a quote from one of my favorite people. Then I bid you a goodbye and a goodnight. Time for me to sign off and start other things I've been wanting to do.

I have a very low tolerance for stupidity,... MattyO:

I love this, ... we are so much a like and have never met... That is the essence of the Sim Community, Sim NR2003 is the best of the best, and sometimes the worse, Good Luck my friend.

MattyO

Ratioed
Owner
Reaction score
Thank you bossman for allowing me to be a small part of THE best sim racing resource center and forum’s history. All your hard work, countless hours and dedication to this community is second to none!
Thank you Jason. If it weren't for people like yourself, SRD wouldn't be what it is today. I miss the days of working with you on getting the new season kicked off by working on the Daytona car set. Those were the days! Those were the best days of SRD. Thank you for that!
Matt, we've both been around this community for a long time. You have made SRD one of the top "Go-To" sites (if not the top site) for NR2003 and eventually all platforms of sim racing for years. The loss of SRD would be a huge blow to the NR2003 sim community, so thank you for handing the reins over to a new leadership who will hopefully keep this "ride" going for all of us who are still obsessed this the great hobby of sim sim racing and the many newcomers that are discovering the fun and joy of it.
Thank you JR. I wish I had your sunny disposition in regards to this hobby of ours. You are an inspiration, no doubt.
I have had the pleasure of getting to know you behind the scenes and while I may not have agreed with your stance on some things, I supported your position on most. I understood that this is your personality, you paid the bills to keep the lights on here for many years and have the right to run things and express yourself the way YOU want to. That may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it makes YOU genuine.... true to who you are. I want to be sure that we continue to keep in touch and run things by each other as we have in the past. Thanks, bud.
I am sure we will cross paths in the near future. I'm not quite giving up on my NR2003 hobby. Just giving up on donating the majority of my free time and money to it.

I'll see ya around :)

Burnout

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hell, even I have to say thanks for keeping SRD around all these years. I certainly appreciated most of what you've done for the community over the years, though we sure in hell bumped heads hard back when DMR was around. I still think back to them days once in a blue moon and laugh about it. Sure has been some crazy times man, lol. And sorry for being an ass for a while there. I do wish things didn't go the way they did. But I am one stubborn SOB too, lol.

KennyBaum

SRD Member
Reaction score
This is unfortunate.

I still pop in once in awhile. Matt thanks for everything in the past. I know we had our differences, I seriously cant believe its been as long as it has been. It feels like just yesterday. But that was at least 14 years ago. Congrats on turning SRD into what it has become today! Was always a pleasure working with you in the past and i wish you well with everything you have going for you in life.

Reach out on Facebook or something if you ever want to catch up!

Take care!

Kenneth Baum
"-Talon-"