Latest resources

High-Resolution Tire Texture James Hodge
Created using a ultra high-res photo of a real track-used NASCAR Goodyear Eagle tire.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
On-Track Effects Update James Hodge
Updates to smoke, sun, sparks, lens flare and light glow.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
Underbody Texture Update James Hodge
Darkens the underbody of all cars in the NXS20 mod to increase realism.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020/21 Honda Accord Template James Hodge
An updated Accord template, now including the 2021 front end and a Honda-specific shiny.mip.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
78 - Tufco Flooring Camaro - ATL1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Downloads
Updated

The game is full screen, but it's displayed inside of frames (box shape)

Reaction score
So I have a 2k monitor and after a few years off I have had intense cravings to get back into the game and (now that I have more coding experience in general) mess around with customizing it and just have fun. My most previous run was on a 1080p monitor and it displayed fine on that, even on windows 10.

This time around, while the game is actually thinking it's in full screen.... filling my whole display.... it's square and has large borders on the left and right.

I have followed all the traditional procedures with getting the game to work and look correctly on Windows 10 plus a few extras such as trying to run in the same resolution I used to, but I can't seem to figure out why I have this issue. I also have vast experience of over 15 years with the ins and outs of the game, so don't be afraid to get technical if needed.

Specs :
Windows 10
i-7 7700k
32 GB DDR4 Ram 3200 mhz
Nvidia GTX 1660 Super OC
AOC Q27G2G4 27" 2k Monitor 144 hz

Last edited:

andy88

I see nothing! I know nothing!!
SRD Member
Reaction score
If it's just the menu screens that have the borders that's just the way the game is. When you go to the actual driving it will be full screen.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yep, 800x600 menus will do that, lol.

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine if the on-track view was also limited? That would drive me nuts. I wonder why one works full width and the other doesn't? I see @Lastlap mention 800x600 menus but I don't know what that means technically speaking. Is it defined in the layout file?

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
but I don't know what that means technically speaking. Is it defined in the layout file?
The .stp used for the mainback file is 800x600. I guess it could be larger? Never tired, only replaced at the default size.